Firestream: The Believer's Heavy Music Refuge

Home Page Play games in the arcade * Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 

Delete all board cookies

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to FIRESTREAM Please login or register to view our chatbox and post in our many forums.

MUSIC DISCUSSION
Christian Rock and Metal 927 10778
Mainstream Rock and Metal 538 5461
Other Music 158 1244
Polls of the Megilloth 24 415
Music Marketplace 88 461
Musician's Corner 62 396
OFFICIAL BAND FORUMS

GENERAL AND CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION
Meaningful Discussion 1210 20192
Christian Discussion 583 10279
Theology 246 7454
Health and Fitness 57 715
Food and Drink 245 3735
Movies and TV 501 10591
Sports Central 56 436
Gaming and Technology 236 1669
Books 28 487
Writer's Corner 44 119
Fine Arts/Creative Arts/Hobbies/Crafts 16 187

PARTNER FORUMS AND RESOURCES

Home Page Home Page  [ 28 posts ] 
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: GRAVE ROBBER'S MISSION STATEMENT - AN EXPLANATION. . .
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 am 

Hey everyone!

I came across a post on another site by someone who didn't approve/understand the ministry of Grave Robber. I thought it would be appropriate to share our mission statement that was a part of a program we printed up for our annual Halloween concert at C2G in Fort wayne, IN Oct. 12th.

By the way, the plan is to shoot this show on hi-def cameras and release it on Hairball 8 Records through Hot Topic!! If you can make it out to the show, we invite you to be on our DVD!!

Go to our myspace for more info: www.myspace.com/graverobberpunk

Enjoy reading the statement below!! Feel free to join in conversation. We pray that this changes not only nonbeliever's hearts, but also speaks to beleivers about our incredible, unlimited God!!!

Shalom,
Wretched
Rom. 7:24

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?

There were great predecessors, who paved the way for future musicians by carving their way through a dense forest of opinions and preconceived ideas about what Christian music should be. 80’s metal band, Stryper was once considered outlandish with their volume and dog whistle screams. How about the Texas punk rock band, One Bad Pig hosing down the audience with whipped cream during “I Scream Sunday”? Ok, let’s go further back when Fort Wayne, IN based gospel rockers, Petra first started out by playing their “Jesus rock” in go-go bars during the early 70’s! So, you want to know why GRAVE ROBBER was formed in October of 2005?

There is a segment of our society that loves punk rock and horror. Aptly, This subculture is known as “horror punk”. This subculture by and large shuns Christianity due to what is viewed as hypocrisy in a religion that touts truth and love. GRAVE ROBBER speaks to this subculture in their own language, the same way that the apostle Paul did with the philosophers at Mars Hill in Athens. Their worldviews were skewed and Paul brought them the gospel by using their own poetry and artwork. GRAVE ROBBER does the same thing.

All imagery and visuals have significance as well. The skull logo with mouth sewn shut symbolizes death finally being silenced by Christ. The brown and red paint on the costumes symbolizes the blood of Christ covering our “dirt” or sin. The zombie-like masks that cover our faces symbolize our earthy flesh, or our sin nature, which is daily fading away as we push into our Savior. The shovel symbolically represents Jesus, who is The Father's "tool" to remove the dead in their transgressions, saving us from the eternal grave. The songs all point to Jesus and the gospel message.

Even the name, GRAVE ROBBER holds a symbolic meaning by referencing Jesus’ return as the true grave robber, when as Christ followers we will be “raised as incorruptible, and we shall be changed” and “Death is swallowed up in victory”. (1 Cor. 15:52, 54)

While in church one evening, the message of Romans 6:11, which instructs to ”reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God yet alive in Christ” was preached prior to communion. This concept of being “dead” to sin and symbolically eating the flesh and drinking the blood, coupled with a passion to reach a people who are largely ignored by the church, sparked a flame in the hearts of the members of GRAVE ROBBER to begin this unique ministry.

We hope you enjoy the show tonight!

More than that, we hope you leave reanimated, reformed, or reassured!
GRAVE ROBBER

Post subject: Re: GRAVE ROBBER'S MISSION STATEMENT - AN EXPLANATION. . .
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 am 

Well Said! Rock On! :cule:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm 
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς.

WRETCHED wrote:
All imagery and visuals have significance as well... The skull logo with mouth sewn shut symbolizes death finally being silenced by Christ. The songs all point to Jesus and the gospel message... Even the name, GRAVE ROBBER holds a symbolic meaning by referencing Jesus’ return as the true grave robber, when as Christ followers we will be “raised as incorruptible, and we shall be changed” and “Death is swallowed up in victory”. (1 Cor. 15:52, 54)

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" -1 Corinthians 15:55

Δόξα Πατρὶ καὶ Υἱῷ καὶ Ἁγίῳ Πνεύματι. Καὶ νῦν καὶ ἀεὶ καὶ εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων. Ἀμήν

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Highscores: 5
I'm still working a write-up along the lines of the mission statement. Welcome, Wretched!

Peace,

Jeff

Co-host, Silent Witness Radio on WAIF 88.3 FM Cincinnati http://www.silentwitnessradio.com/
Live audio/video stream Saturdays 8 - 10 PM Eastern Time http://www.silentwitnessradio.com/swradio.htm

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:14 am 
great mission statement,wretched! i am finding myself after reading that...an even bigger Grave Robber fan! may god continue to bless you and ur music ministry for him! thanks for being so bold in your faith,music and mission! we need more warriors like yourself and your band to proudly reclaim the metal world for Christ! Keep up the great work and the faith!! :cule:

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:43 pm 

sirhemlock wrote:
WRETCHED wrote:
All imagery and visuals have significance as well... The skull logo with mouth sewn shut symbolizes death finally being silenced by Christ. The songs all point to Jesus and the gospel message... Even the name, GRAVE ROBBER holds a symbolic meaning by referencing Jesus’ return as the true grave robber, when as Christ followers we will be “raised as incorruptible, and we shall be changed” and “Death is swallowed up in victory”. (1 Cor. 15:52, 54)

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" -1 Corinthians 15:55

AWESOME!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 pm 

metalmemom wrote:
great mission statement,wretched! i am finding myself after reading that...an even bigger Grave Robber fan! may god continue to bless you and ur music ministry for him! thanks for being so bold in your faith,music and mission! we need more warriors like yourself and your band to proudly reclaim the metal world for Christ! Keep up the great work and the faith!! :cule:

Thanx, bro! I appreciate the encouragement!

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm 
note to wretched...u are on myspace page..i am a dudette! lol! :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:40 pm 

metalmemom wrote:
note to wretched...u are on myspace page..i am a dudette! lol! :lol:

Well, please except my apologies, MAAM!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:01 pm 
not a problem! hanging with all u metal brothas in faith..common mistake..my username is metalmemom as in metal grandma! lol! :lol: go on myspace and u will see my pic there! lol! :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Faster for the ReAnimator! :twisted:

Peace,

Jeff

Co-host, Silent Witness Radio on WAIF 88.3 FM Cincinnati http://www.silentwitnessradio.com/
Live audio/video stream Saturdays 8 - 10 PM Eastern Time http://www.silentwitnessradio.com/swradio.htm

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:34 pm 

metalmemom wrote:
not a problem! hanging with all u metal brothas in faith..common mistake..my username is metalmemom as in metal grandma! lol! :lol: go on myspace and u will see my pic there! lol! :lol:

I thought maybe that was you there in the leather vest in yer avatar pic!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

WRETCHED wrote:
metalmemom wrote:

That, sir, would be Scott Waters of Ultimatum, as she's the East Coast promogirly for the band. ;)

Peace,

Jeff

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 pm 
omgosh! wishin i had muscles like scott! ;) :giggle:

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:17 am 

GothDad wrote:
WRETCHED wrote:
metalmemom wrote:

That, sir, would be Scott Waters of Ultimatum, as she's the East Coast promogirly for the band. ;)

Peace,

Jeff

Yeah, I know who Scott is, I was just being funny. . . or so I thought.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

I'll work on catching the joke a little better, then. :D

Sherri there (metalmemom) is the East Coast promogirly for Ultimatum, though. And she's someone's "memom", too. ;)

I, on the other hand, have no grandchildren...yet. :p

Oldest is 19 this coming Thursday...I'd better NOT be a Grandfather just yet! :eek:

:D

Peace,

Jeff

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:43 am 
gee gothdad you are all heart! see if i could look wretched in the face now! come to think of it.none of us can! :lol: true..name is sherri and i am a proud and blessed promotional manager! but proud also too of all our musicans in the faith that bring us the music we love and message we all need! keep up the great work,wretched, someday soon i hope to be catching grave robber! much metal blessings.ps note to gothdad, u think i wanted to be a grandmother this young??!!! but,indeed kaylin marie is such a joy..last nite we to see the family.in her own precious way.she said "love you memom" and kissed my booboo back"! god has given us an angel! :halo:

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:18 am 

Hey Sherri!

We'll be in Allentown, PA on Dec. 5th. Is Ultimatum playing that show?

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:59 pm 
not playing that show...interested in commin back in apr?? something in the works.i however do plan to come to allentown in dec..so..shed the mask and introduce yourself.i will be wearin my fav ultimatum tshirt and the big smile and headbanging! :lol:

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:39 pm 

metalmemom wrote:
not playing that show...interested in commin back in apr?? something in the works.i however do plan to come to allentown in dec..so..shed the mask and introduce yourself.i will be wearin my fav ultimatum tshirt and the big smile and headbanging! :lol:

YES!! In fact, we may be booking a tour around then. whatcha got? Ahhh, I'm easy to find. I'll be at our merch table most likely.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:27 pm 

: Hi, I'm Matt ... I'm not Jacinta
I loved reading your mission statement Wretched .......... not that I had concerns about what you do (as I listen to almost all music including loads of UnBlack Metal) but it was great to read what you stand for and what you wish to complish through your band.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:26 am 

Why thank you, Tas!! More importantly. . . THANK YOU, REANIMATOR!!!!!!!!

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:08 am 
Master of All Randomness

Highscores: 113
metalmemom wrote:
not playing that show...interested in commin back in apr?? something in the works.i however do plan to come to allentown in dec..so..shed the mask and introduce yourself.

Even though Wretched is big, he really is less scary looking without the mask and costume on. Nice, humble guy, I talked to him out of costume at Cornerstone.

It's hysterical how Atheists say there is no such thing as a God. After all, God is up in Heaven saying that there's no such thing as an Atheist.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:11 am 

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! You'll ruin my bad reputation!!

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 am 
boy,paul,wretched has you fooled! :giggle: :p anyone for thubmb wrestling??? just asking..appears i have to brush up on my skills and get really good at this! :lol: :eek:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 am 

Yes, you better start training!!

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:05 pm 
Master of All Randomness

WRETCHED wrote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! You'll ruin my bad reputation!!

Your reputation is safe. Notice I didn't describe how you looked, talked, or smelled, I wouldn't do that ;). When I said less scary looking, I meant I didn't have a heart attack and fall to the ground.

It's hysterical how Atheists say there is no such thing as a God. After all, God is up in Heaven saying that there's no such thing as an Atheist.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:08 pm 
Master of All Randomness

metalmemom wrote:
boy,paul,wretched has you fooled! :giggle: :p anyone for thubmb wrestling??? just asking..appears i have to brush up on my skills and get really good at this! :lol: :eek:

I'm going to begin training myself just in case for Cornerstone 2010.

Home Page Home Page  [ 28 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]